Asia Sustainable Packaging Summit 2010
Packaging Council Of Singapore (PCS) and Singapore Packaging Agreement To Host Asia Sustainable Packaging Summit 2010 – Asia’s First Conference On The Future Of Packaging
The Packaging Council of Singapore (PCS) and Singapore Packaging Agreement (SPA) have put together an elite organising committee to rally the Asian Packaging industry to meet current packaging challenges, build bridges and drive sales through sustainable packaging. The Event called Asia Sustainable Packaging Summit 2010 will be held in the Pines, Singapore on 25 – 26 October 2010 and is supported by the following entities:
a) National Environment Agency (NEA)
b) Singapore Manufacturers’ Federation (Sma)
c) Singapore Food Manufacturers’ Association (SFMA)
d) World Packaging Organisation (WPO)
e) Asian Packaging Federation (APF)
The conference will also be held in conjunction with the 3R Packaging Awards 2010 and the Singapore Packaging Star Award. Some key stakeholders of the packaging industry, primarily from the food, electronics, pharmaceutical and beauty sectors are expected to attend the event.
Dr. Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister For Environment and Water Resources, is the Guest of Honour and will be delivering the Opening Address and presenting the 3R Packaging Awards.
This event aims to develop a new design paradigm to fortify the Asian Packaging industry’s “waste to resources” system and generate ecological, social and economic value. The knowledge acquired is intended to be immediately useful and applicable. The conference is structured as such:
1. Packaging awards to give recognition to signatories who have made outstanding achievements and contributions towards the goals of Singapore Packaging Agreement.
2. Info-centric knowledge sharing among industry players, NGOs, governments and academics across different regions and continents.
3. Dynamic social networking among participants.
4. Educational site visits to functional plants on day 2 such as NEWater Visitor Centre, Semakau Landfill, Tetra Pak and Tuas South Incineration Plant
Packaging is one of the major contributors to urban waste and with increasing population growth and limited landfill and waste management facilities, governments worldwide are searching for ways to reducing packaging waste.
About 300 delegates from the region are expected to attend this event. Delegates may register at www.packagingasia.tpgi.org
For more information please contact:
DID: +65 6846 2725
- 16 companies receive 3R Packaging Awards [News]
- FuturePak 2010
- 3R Packaging Awards recognise companies for their efforts to reduce packaging waste
- Efforts to cut packaging waste bear fruit [News]
- Singapore National Environment Agency to Co-host Global Conference on Prospects and Challenges of Waste Management in Asia