Policy Director – Earth Observatory of Singapore [Jobs]
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) at Nanyang Technological University is looking to hire a Policy Director and a Programme Manager for the Secretariat of the Southeast Asian Corporate Leaders Group on Climate Change (SEACLG).
The SEACLG brings together a group of senior corporate leaders (CEOs, Chairmen, Board Members etc.) who are committed to taking action on climate change. EOS hosts the secretariat that supports the SEACLG. In addition, the SEACLG is a member of the Corporate Leaders Network for Climate Action (CLN).
The SEACLG Policy Director will lead in the day-to-day operations of the Secretariat. The position holder reports to the Executive Director of the Secretariat.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Running and supervision of day-to-day operations of Secretariat
- Lead Secretariat’s research and production of reports with relevant policy recommendations
- Point person for developing government contacts and relationships
- Support the SEACLG Executive Director in the expansion of membership base
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant global and regional climate change policies
- Line management of the Secretariat Programme Manager
- Budget responsibility
Desirable Skills – The ideal candidate should possess:
- A Masters or post-graduate degree in social sciences
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in business, a multilateral organization or with government
- A deep understanding of climate change policies in the region and global policy frameworks as well as with the economics of mitigation and adaptation
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in designing and overseeing policy or economic research projects
- Outstanding communication and facilitation skills at the most senior executive level
- Excellent command of English and one other native language used in the Southeast Asian region.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a full CV, including academic qualifications, research records / work samples and names and contact details of two referees, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.