Junior Environmental Scientist (Geo.Informatics Team) by DHI Singapore [Jobs]
The Geo.Informatics Team in DHI Singapore is a core group of environmental scientists who specialise in the use of art, science and technology, to communicate and bring about greater understanding of the water environment.
We consolidate and manage environmental data from various sources, and transform them into information of value to project teams and decision makers. We work closely with our customers to make accessible relevant data & tools, and collaborate with other teams to customise solutions that facilitate smarter work & decision making.
The Team sets the in-house templates and guidelines for managing & mapping environmental data. We also provide training and support for our customers in applications for GPS, GIS, satellite RS, and concept illustrations.
Geo.Informatics is looking for a Junior Environmental Scientist to join our team:
- Develop & maintain of GIS standard data
- Support GIS & satellite RS analysis & mapping needs
- Support other related duties for Geoinformatics Team
- Singaporeans or permanent residents
- Minimum 2 year work experience in environmental science and/or GIS and satellite remote sensing
- Good understanding of environmental science principles
- Demonstrate familiarity in use of ArcGIS software for data creation, analysis and mapping
- Demonstrate basic understanding and use of satellite RS data for analysis and mapping
- Basic understanding of scripting languages (e.g. Python) advantageous
- Able to pick up new software & concepts easily
- Good work attitude. Able to deliver good quality work within tight deadlines
- Able to work independently, and as a team player
- Enjoy working in an inter-disciplinary and multi-cultural work environment
- Good verbal and written skills in English. Written skills in Bahasa advantageous
- Able to explain complex technical data to lay persons
DHI Singapore. Candidates living in Singapore will be given preference.
Your next step
Please submit your application including CV no later than 15 May 2012. Apply via the job post on the DHI Group website (http://dhi.easycruit.com/vacancy/741915/67733?iso=gb), or email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: +65 6777-6330
- 2-month Temporary Staff, GIS Data Content by DHI Singapore [Jobs]
- GIS Database Specialist [Jobs]
- GIS Digitisation Assistant (Temporary Staff), DHI Singapore [Jobs]
- NEA Organises First-Ever Government-Led Hackathon [Press Releases]
- Engineer – System and Scheme Development, Clean Mobility Singapore [Jobs]