Senior Engineer – Environmentally Sustainable Design by Kaer [Jobs]
POSITION: Senior Engineer – Environmentally Sustainable Design
REPORTING TO: ESD Manager
Opportunity to run large scale projects for improving their sustainability, reducing their resource consumption and minimizing their negative impacts to environment. The ESD Engineer manages projects and project clients, delivering projects on time, within cost, and maintaining Kaer’s values, which are Pioneering, Innovation, Practicality, Responsible and Imagination.
Kaer is a Built Environment specialist, and pioneer in the field of building performance, efficiency and sustainability. We have proved that thinking smart can deliver optimised building performance with increased comfort at no extra cost and with enhanced efficiency and environmental sustainability. Our
integration of innovative design solutions and holistic system approach helps us meet the needs of our clients, providing operational excellence and establishing new benchmarks for performance throughout the region. We have achieved individual energy efficiency savings of over US$3.5m per annum.
- Running ESD projects with minimal supervision.
- Provide solutions for clients for achieving the desired green rating or solutions in other building science matters.
- Control the project ESD deadline and ensure that all necessary features have been proposed, discussed with client and project team and implemented in design in timely manner.
- Managing Green Rating process of projects, such as Green Mark, LEED, GBI, Greenship, etc.
- Conduct all necessary calculations, such as ACMV system, lighting, landscape, etc.
- Coordination with project team, clients, contractor and supplier on matters related to ESD and green rating, such as data compilation, calculation, verification, green rating submission, etc.
- Conducting Building Science calculation and simulation such as ETTV/OTTV, energy simulation, wind simulation, daylight and glare simulation, sunshade simulation, etc.
- Being a star performer, positive contributor and part of problem solving in the team.
- Growing knowledge of ESD team in electrical and mechanical matters and computational modelling matters.
- Set good examples for ESD Engineers and ESD Assistant Engineers and guide them in delivering their work.
- Responsible and accountable for client relations (internal and/or external)
- Assists with predicting and planning future resources
- Promotes learning from successes and problems within the group and across the company
- Able to run energy modelling or/and wind modelling
- Engineering Degree (mechanical, electrical, building science)
- Understanding of building systems particularly in HVAC systems and other M&E disciplines.
- Understanding of Green Mark, LEED, GBI, Greenship and other green rating system will be an advantage.
- Ability to operate daylight and shading simulation model and CAD will be an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of a second language will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- A person with meticulous eyes and careful with details.
- Good interpersonal communication skill
- A highly self-motivated individual who has a sense of urgency towards project completion.
- A decisive individual who has passion for his / her work and strong problem solving skills.
- An adventurous spirit who can think up and try innovative solutions.
- A process driven individual that is able to initiate good practices and implement processes
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ESD Engineer by Kaer [Jobs]
- ESD Engineering Assistant by Kaer [Jobs]
- Eight outstanding individuals recognised for efforts in greening Singapore’s built environment [Press Releases]
- Project Administrator by Green Collar Asia [Jobs]
- Junior Environmental Scientist (Geo.Informatics Team) by DHI Singapore [Jobs]