Communications Manager by WWF Singapore [Jobs]
WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) is the world’s leading conservation organization with over 5 million supporters, and a global Network active in more than 100 countries. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
WWF is expanding its team in Singapore. As a fundraising centre for our conservation programmes, the Singapore office also serves as a regional hub for WWF activities in Asia and the Pacific.
The Communications Manager will develop and implement communications and media strategies that will enhance the WWF brand profile and positioning as well as support fundraising and outreach activities for WWF Singapore.
- Develop and implement communications and media strategies for WWF Singapore;
- Lead the communications functions that support fundraising and public outreach activities of WWF Singapore across relevant target groups;
- Plan and produce media releases, organize press conferences and monitor media responses;
- Act as the primary point person for the media by establishing and maintaining relations and identifying opportunities for increasing WWF’s visibility in Singapore;
- Coordinate, lead and review the activities, action plans and budget for the communication functions of the department;
- Develop collaterals and other external communication materials including content for the WWF Singapore website, newsletters;
- Develop, coordinate and monitor digital communication platforms including social media;
- Manage the production, inventory and distribution of marketing materials and merchandise;
- Provide communications and public relations support in the organisation of workshops/ conferences/ events/ meetings so as to achieve WWF Singapore targets and to strengthen the WWF brand;
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Over five years’ experience in Corporate Communications or Media/Public Relations, including new media, with at least three years at a managerial level
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent network of media contacts, and proven track record in media relations
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Proven experience in developing communication materials
- High level of competency in utilising new media platforms
- Preferably have a basic knowledge of conservation and environmental sustainability issues
- Passionate about conservation
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter, indicating the position applied for in the subject line to email@example.com by 13 May 2012.
- Conference Executive by Green Collar Asia [Jobs]
- Programme Development Manager – Asia, Birdlife International (Asia) Limited [Jobs]
- Senior Conference Manager by Green Collar Asia [Jobs]
- Personal Assistant and Office Administrator, Birdlife International (Asia) Limited [Jobs]
- Is Humanity Facing a Looming Ecological Credit Crunch?