Assistant Manager – Resource (Energy and Water) Management, NUS [Jobs]
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is one of the leading universities in the Asia Pacific, with a global outlook and focus on quality teaching, research and public service. To date, there are over 1900 faculty members and more than 32,000 students at the University. By harnessing its immense physical and intellectual resources, it is working to develop positive solutions for today’s ecological challenges.
NUS’ Office of Environmental Sustainability is the coordinating body for measuring and reducing the university’s environmental impact. It also establishes sustainability goals, facilitates implementation of good practices and engages the campus stakeholders to build a sustainable campus.
Be responsible for analyzing current resource (energy & water) usage, developing, monitoring and execution of the University’s energy management plan in order to provide proper environmental conditions with cost effective resource utilization. Provide secretarial support to the Energy Task Force that is championing the energy conservation initiatives in the campus
Minimum Education/ experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering technology, business or related field with emphasis on facilities management. Professional designation of Singapore Certified Energy Manager (SCEM) is preferred.
- Knowledge of energy management program development
- Knowledge of Air conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV) and lighting systems
- Familiar with the use of building automation system
- Ability to carry out financial analysis
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Preferably at least two years of experience in energy management, mechanical systems design, construction, and/or maintenance, or closely related field
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Monitor and analyze the energy use of respective buildings in the campus through the online metering system, and provide feedback to the Energy Task Force on the gaps that need action, so as to achieve the University’s key energy goals.
- Maintain liaison with the Maintenance/Operations department and faculty members and their staffs in order to provide optimum facility comfort while reducing energy consumption levels.
- Recommend sound policies directed toward energy conservation.
- Develop long-range plans for implementing innovations.
- Work with maintenance/operation and safety departments in the design of ACMV system and energy intensive equipment.
- Develop training options to ensure the best operation in the area of ACMV and energy equipment, and the analysis of the energy used for each stakeholder.
- Work with maintenance/operation department in compiling the resource (energy & water) data and analyze the data. Generate reports and update senior management on the resources used.
- Develop and maintain a continuous activity schedule for all buildings in order to coordinate efficient usage.
- Work with consultants when necessary to identify energy conservation measures.
- Monitor all facilities design and construction activities as relates to energy management.
Interested applicants, kindly forward your detailed resume with recent photograph here